This policy will outline:
- What information we collect from you
- How we collect your information
- Sharing your information and why
- What are your rights?
What information do we collect?
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How do we collect your information?Collection of your Personal Information
The Tartan Blanket Co. collects your personal information when you:
- Register for an online TBCo. Ltd account
- Place an order
- Submit Enquiries
- Attend Events
- Subscribe to our marketing emails
- Subscribe to our SMS marketing
- Post material about us on social media
- Participate in promotional activities or competitions
- And through other similar activities
The Tartan Blanket Co. collects your order information. When you make a purchase through the Site we collect the following information from you:
- Address (Billing/Shipping)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
Collection of your ‘Device Information'
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. See below for more information.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Why do we collect?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to:
- Fulfill any orders placed through the Site, including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations.
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us improve your browsing experience by:
- Screening for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address)
- Improve and optimise our Site by using analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site
- Assessing the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns
Sharing Your Personal Information
The Tartan Blanket Co. works with trusted suppliers, agencies and business to ensure that we provide you with the best possible service and high quality products. Examples of who and why we share your information with below:
To make sure you receive your goods we work with a selection of trusted delivery partners. The order information shared with them is to ensure your items are delivered.
We use Shopify to power our online store, read how Shopify uses your Personal Information here.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site for improvement. Google Analytics collection information anonymously. Read how Google uses your Personal Information. We also use this information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
We use Facebook Pixel by Facebook Inc on our website to help us understand how our customers interact with our social campaigns and ads. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected by Facebook is anonymous. Read how Facebook uses your Personal Information here. You can opt-out of Facebook targeted ads here.
We work with trusted third party payment processing partners, PayPal, Google Pay and Shop Pay, to ensure you have the best choice to securely process your payment.
If you sign up to receive marketing text messages from The Tartan Blanket Co. with the phone number provided, you agree to receive texts including messages sent by autodialer. Your consent is not a condition of any purchase and standard message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies. To find out more information, reply HELP or to opt-out text STOP to +1 (844) 980-4723
Other Third Party Service Providers
We may also share your data with:
- Third parties that provide services to us, such as system hosting, management, and support; data analysis; facilitation of advertisements; data backup; data security and storage services;
- Relevant third parties as part of a corporate transaction, such as a reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business
We will never use your personal data to advertise, promote, or market third-party goods or services to you. Additionally, we will not license or publish any of your personal data. We do not and will not sell any personal data to third parties for their own commercial use.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files with small pieces of data that are saved to your computer to identify your computer when you use a computer network. HTTP cookies are used to identify specific users to improve your web browsing experience and know what information to specifically serve you.
- Functionality – TBCo. uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – TBCo. uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. TBCO. sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. If you chose to remove cookies, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
What Are Your Rights?
The Tartan Blanket Co. Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that TBCo. Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that TBCo. Ltd. erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that TBCo. Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to TBCo. Ltd processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that TBCo. Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless you ask us to delete this information. You have the right to object to us processing your data and can be removed from our system at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact us using our contact form. If you wish to stop receiving marketing emails about our products and services, you can unsubscribe here.
For more information about our privacy practices or if you have questions please feel free to contact us using the Contact Us form or call us on +44 131 516 9229 (we're in the studio Monday - Friday, 9:00 to 17:00 GMT).